Friday, April 20, 2012

My Easter manicure--first use of holographic polish!

Hello! In my last blog post I talked about some of the things I'm learning about the wide, wide world of nail polishes, with a focus on holographic polishes. Well, my first holos ($3 each, from 8ty8beauty.com) arrived, right in time for me to do my Easter manicure. Here is what I ended up with:




The holo shows up okay in this picture, and is as best I could get with my crappy lighting. The accent nail is supposed to look vaguely like an Easter Egg. :) I did everything on the accent nails with stamps (below), and dots made with a dotting tool.

Here is what I used to create this: 
Main nails and matching dots on accent nail: Color Club's Fashion Addict (holla for the holo!)
Accent nail base: Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow
Design on Accent nail: Middle stripe and dots--China Glaze's Peachy Keen; stripe stamped with Red Angel plate RA-106; Top and Bottom stripes--China Glaze's Metallic Muse (this is actually blue, but looks greenish in the picture), using BundleMonster plate BM-219.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!