Monday, April 30, 2012

Peachy-Orange Swatches

Hello!

I am going out of my mind waiting for my polishes from the Zoya polish exchange to show up...They'll be my very first Zoya polishes, and I can't wait. I've heard so much about how great they are, and the colors look gorgeous. I'm already regretting not getting more...

In the meantime, I thought I'd post some skittle swatches, this time of some peachy-orangey colors. I really love this general group of colors, but I don't have too many of these, not quite sure why...I guess I just tend to forget to buy them because bolder colors draw me away. Anyway, here they are:


Left to right:

China Glaze Yee-Haw! from the Rodeo Diva collection (Fall 2008). This is a more muted peachy-orange color that almost borders on brown. Very shimmery and versatile; it's almost a neutral with my skin. This is two coats.

China Glaze Thataway (core polish line). This color is a little more pinkish in the direct sunlight than it shows here. It's a pretty orange-peach that isn't at all overwhelming if you're afraid of oranges. This is three coats.

China Glaze Sun Worshipper from the Poolside collection (Summer 2010). This is the sort of orange that I always think will be visible in the dark, it's that bright. None of my pictures got it quite right (I now understand what people mean about photographing neons, they are a serious pain)--it's more neon orange than it appears here. Definitely neon. And definitely more orange than yellow, though it's on the line between the two. This is the sort of color that makes you look tan even when you aren't; I'll let you decide whether or not that's a good thing, lol. Also, this is FOUR coats, and it still isn't fully covered! I knew it would happen eventually and this is the one that did it--a China Glaze formula that disappointed me. However, there is a trick to help you get aruond this...one way you can avoid the coverage problems is to start out with a coat of white polish, and then put your color on top of that; this helps smooth over the contrasts and lets you use less of your target polish. So, pull out that white you hate (don't we all have one?) and use it for colors like this.

And finally, China Glaze Peachy Keen, from the Up & Away collection (Spring 2010) . I really, really, really love this color, and I didn't expect to. I got it for nail art purposes, to use as an accent color, never intending it to be a color I'd wear alone. It's a creme that goes on beautifully (this is two coats), and gives a pop of color without being too over-the-top. It feels very springy or summery and also is almost a neutral on my skin. I completely adore it.

If you're waiting like me for your Zoya, I hope it comes soon! In the meantime, I hope there's something there you like...Thanks for looking. :)

M.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!