Saturday, April 21, 2012

Recycled Easter Manicure

While I liked my Easter manicure, it didn't come out quite the way I wanted it, and it didn't seem to work much past Easter. So, when I got home tonight, I decided to change things up. However, the polish that I used on all of the nails except the accent nail was s till in really good shape, and since I'm nothing if not frugal, I decided to try to reuse it. 



I took off the yellow polish, and polished my ring fingers to match the rest (with Color Club's Fashion Addict). Then I stamped over them using Pure Ice's Celestial, with a pattern from Konad plate m64. Then I used a dotting tool, and dotted Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Ivy League over the little dots on the pattern. I finished with a green paisly-shaped gem on each ring finger. It's a little busier than I would normally like, and the colors are a little more bright than I would normally wear, but hey, it's Spring! If I were to do it again, I would probably just do it on the accent nail, with some sort of complementary tips on the other nails. That said, I like it, and I think it turned out pretty okay. :) Another thing that I think would work really well is stamping in a dark purple, and doing the dots in a medium purple, or vice versa. 

EDIT: after sitting with it for a day, I started to really fall in love with it. It just goes to show how good it is to push yourself to combine and wear things you normally wouldn't. :)

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!