Thursday, May 17, 2012

Purple-ish skittles

Hello!

Two colors in my recent Zoya purchase inspired me to do some purple skittles. The first three have flecks in them that were hard to capture, and the last one has a flash of blue that you can see in the final picture (details below):

Direct Sunlight


In the shade.



Inside light.

From left to right (all two coats, no topcoat):

Ulta Lav-ish: This is a soft lavender gray with coppery micro glitter in it (click to enlarge). You can see a bit of it in the top picture, and it shows up more than this in real life. The color here is pretty accurate--it's soft, understated, and elegant. When I saw it in Ulta, it immediately made me think of the Zoya polishes that have the same type of effect, which is why I grouped it here with two Zoyas.

Zoya Tru: This is a muted grape-ish purple with coppery micro glitter in it. It is a touch more red-based than it looks in these pictures. You can see the coppery flash throughout, and it's just stunning.

Zoya Lotus: This is a muted gray-ish purple, which sounds ugly, but really could not be more beautiful. It also has--wait for it--coppery micro glitter in it that catches the light beautifully. Unfortunately, these pictures make it look washed out (the second picture is the best representation); I'm not sure if it's because of the two I put it between or because of the difficulty in capturing purples. It's a very adult, calm purple with a little bit of a bite to it up close. I should also mention that this polish dries a little darker than it appears in the bottle.

China Glaze Reggae To Riches: Ya mon. If you don't love this, I can't help you, really. The pictures are absolutely accurate in terms of color and the flash to it. I know some people would call this a pink, but I firmly place it in the purple magenta family. No matter what you call it, it's down-right vivid. It reminds me of the colors that were popular when I was young in the 80s, but it doesn't feel dated at all. And if Lotus is an 'adult' purple, this is a wild-and-woolly teenager, all the way. Want to brighten your day and make yourself smile? This polish will do it. :)

I hope you saw one that you like...Thanks for stopping by. :)

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!