Sunday, June 24, 2012

NOTD: Go GOTH or go home!

Hello everyone!!

Oh yes, you read that right--it's GOTH day! Today's challenge was to do a Goth manicure, and that's a theme I can embrace with  my whole heart. In fact, as I'm typing this up, so far this challenge has inspired me to produce three manis--two straight Goth manis and one mani that I think is more of a Halloween manicure. You'll see all three...eventually...muah hah hahhhhh!

And now, the moment that *I've* been waiting for---my RED GOTH MANI!!!

Goth mani hot


Goth mani cold

Goth mani in the pot nine days old

I started with a base of Ulta Professional's For Bitten (how's that for a name for a GOTH polish!), which is a black polish with a ton of tiny red glitter. Then, on the accent nail I put a coat of Spoiled's Ants In Your Pants glitter, to get a flash of red sparkle. On the other nails, I stamped a background of thorn-scroll with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Wined Up, using Cheeky XL plate N.

Next I stamped the flame-y flourishes with China Glaze's Awaken, and Bundle Monster plate BM08, on all fingers except the ring finger. On the accent nail I stamped a spikey-scroll image from Mash-29 using awaken, and the skull from Mash-29 using Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Silver Sweep. I put some black rhinestones on the bottom of the designs, and covered the whole thing with Seche Vite.

I like how the glitter on the accent nail and the brighter silver of the skull make the skull seem to pop out at you--and I love the accidental piece of red glitter in one of the eye sockets, almost like an eye patch, lol. This is going to be a really hard mani for me to take off, I am completely in love with it. :)

Thanks for looking!

M.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!