Saturday, August 11, 2012

NOTD Before & After: Color Club Ultra Violet

Hello!!

My polish today is Color Club's Ultra Violet. When I first saw this in the bottle, I thought it was fairly similar to China Glaze's Reggae To Riches, but they are definitely not dupes. RTR is a bit darker, and the flash in the shimmer is a darker blue-purple, while UV is lighter and the flash is more pastel blue-green. RTR feels more energized and sassy to me, while UV feels softer and more romantic:

Ultra Violet in the sunlight

Outside in the shade

After enjoying this by itself for awhile, I decided to stamp on it in a color that went with the soft blue flash. I chose China Glaze's Metallic Muse, which stamps like a dream, and the shatter nail tip design from the new Mash-28. I used a trick that I learned from Sandy DandyNails (you can find her YouTube channel here); she mentioned during one of her videos that she likes to use the nail tips on stamping plates in a diagonal over the side of her nail, so I thought I'd try that:





Except for the fact that I covered too much of the pinky (user error!), I really like the effect that you get using the nail tips this way. I do NOT, however, like the rhinestone that I chose to use. Ugh-alicious. :(

 I like how this came out. It has a sort of '80s feel to it, doesn't it? I also think this would look nice with a darker purple stamped over it. Hmm...for some reason that just made me wonder what a gradient done with this and Reggae To Riches would look like...

Thanks for looking!

M.

3 comments:

  1. I think the rhinestone was a cute touch, but maybe a different color?
    Anyway, love the stamping. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think that would have been better. Maybe in silver or something...:)

      Delete
    2. Yes, a silver would do great in this.

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!