Thursday, January 10, 2013

Before & After: a-England Dragon + Lush Lacquer

Hello!

Today's CNT 31 Day challenge prompt is 'geometric'. My preferred style tends to be flourishy and not so much geometric, so these types of prompts are always fun for me, to get me out of my comfort zone a bit.

I started with a base of a-England's Dragon, which is a gorgeous deep moss green scattered holographic. This is such a yummy polish, I think I need to get Saint George, the teal version of it when I can afford it...I just spent most of my Christmas money on a frankening kit, so I'm not sure when that will be, lol.

Anyway, my second step was to add some Lush Lacquer Slime Time to the accent nail; Slime Time is one of the first Indie glitters I got and it's still one of my favorites. I think what really makes it special to me is the white squares, which seem to just set off the other colors perfectly, and give it just a bit of quirkiness. :)

a-England Dragon + Lush Lacquer Slime Time

I mean, seriously, take a look at the bottle--how pretty is that mix of glitter!



Next I stamped with Konad White and Cheeky B, a square white pattern to mirror the square white glitters; I finished off with a square rhinestone on each nail:




This looks a tiny bit rough because I did wear it for a little while; I ended up loving it and didn't want to take it off. Something about the squares just worked for me, somehow, lol.

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other geometric manis, linked below!

Xoxox,
M.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is such a gorgeous green. I usually prefer linear holos to scattered holos, but this is the exception that proves the rule. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty looking. It makes me think of a jungle that might have some ruins hidden in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Like some old step-type pyramid that has half fallen down and is partly overgrown...

      Delete
  3. There is only a certain amount of ways to say: "I freaking love your designs girl!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL!!! You are always so supportive of me, and I can't thank you enough. :) <3 <3 <3

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!