Thursday, January 24, 2013

Before And After: Whodunit?

Hello!!

Hee hee hee hee hee...I really love today's prompt in my CNT 31 Day Challenge. It's 'Inspired By A Game'.  My favorite game when I was a child was Clue, so I had to try to do a mani that represented it. I started with a base of Misa Uptown Glamour, a deeply vampy dark purple:


Misa Uptown Glamour


Next I added a coat of holographic topcoat, because I was playing around and wanted to see how it would look:


Misa Uptown Glamour + Holographic Topcoat


That wasn't quite what I had hoped it would look like, and I wasn't quite sure where to go from there with it...so I tried a coat of Ninja Polish Color Changing Garnet:

Uptown Glamour + holo topcoat + Ninja Polish Color Changing Garnet

Okay, that's pretty and it's cool and it actually looks similar to the color and tone of the Clue board game I had as a child! So on we go to the stamping phase!!




Okay, so here's what it all means. On my index and pinkie, the magnifying glass (Cheeky plate GA47; Pure Ice Silver Mercedes) and the questions marks (Cheeky Plate CH48, Pure Ice Siren, Pure Ice Silver Mercedes) are meant to symbolize the 'whodunit' and the search for who done it. The ring finger (Red Angel Plate RA202; Sally Hansen White On) is the gameboard, with the paths that the game pieces (marked with dots of Pure Ice Siren and Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime) travel to get to the rooms. And finally, on my middle finger is a candlestick, the weapon the murder was committed with (Konad plate m5; Pure Ice Siren; Sally Hansen Lightning).

 This isn't necessarily the most aesthetically beautiful manicure, but it was so much fun to plan and to make. I hope it brings you at least a little zing of nostalgic happiness, thinking back to fun times. :)

Thanks for looking, and please check out what the other participants did, shown below.

Xoxox,
M.



2 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!