Saturday, March 16, 2013

Before & After: Longing For Summer

Hello!!

Today I have my penultimate prompt for the Let It Snow! challenge...and as winter is quickly coming to an end, the theme is 'Longing For Summer'.

I wanted to go with pretty, bold, summery colors (I'm gonna skip spring right on by with this one), so I started with a base of Zoya's Gloria, a glittery-looking fleck-finished magenta polish filled with orange flecks and summer joy:

Zoya Gloria direct sun


Zoya Gloria

Next I stamped a background design with Barry M Gold Foil using a design from Drikk plate Drk-C. Over this, I stamped a bright sun using Bundle Monster plate BM01, and Sally Hansen Orange Impulse:








I love how this came out! I would love to have a dress the color and pattern of the background, with that sun as a cool accent necklace. In the meantime, I'll settle for the mani. :)

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other participants' manis, linked below.

Xoxox,
M.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment said: Your nails are always so amazing and I love the holographic tone to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! It makes me think of a hot summer day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know what you mean, it makes me want to be hanging out at the beach, lol. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!