Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Favorites: Orange!!

Hello!!

Okay, this time it's for real! Apologies to those of you who saw the empty version of this accidentally posted the other day...here is the real post! :)

Today is the second installment of my favorites series, and today I'm featuring the color orange. I've heard from readers who feel that orange is underrepresented in the nail world, and I agree! I love orange, and I should wear more of it. This past year I've discovered some really pretty oranges, so I'm gonna share them with you now.

In no particular order:

China Glaze Bending Over Backwards:

China Glaze Bending Over Backwards
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, that's what I'm talking about. Shimmery. Fiery. Intense. Orange, baby. Orange.


China Glaze Surfin' For Boys

China Glaze Surfin' For Boys

This one is summer in a bottle. It makes me want to lie on the beach peeling orange. So vibrant and fun!!

Color Club Sparkle And Soar

Color Club Sparkle And Soar

Sparkle And Soar lit up all purty. :)

This one is more of a golden orange, with a pretty glass-flecked finish. Check out how it lights up in the late afternoon sun!


Misa Sisterhood

Misa Sisterhood

Another bright orange, but this time with a burnished feel to it. And look at the contrasts in that shimmer! In my opinion, no color owns shimmer like orange does. Fiery and warm from the outside in. :)


Orly Flicker

Orly Flicker
This one leans a bit toward burnt orange, even going toward brown. The shimmer peeks out at you on this one, but still carries that beautiful orange shine. :)


Model's Own Tropical Sun

Model's Own Tropical Sun 

Model's Own Tropical Sun, full frontal
And now for something completely different...a soft, peachy orange duochrome with microglitter. Seriously, I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet this is what heaven looks like. Soft. Ethereal.  Perfect.

A'dor Beauty Supplies Griffin



An orange shimmer with a healthy dose of beautiful gold glitter. This is almost a brown-red, I'm not sure if some people will argue with me including it as an orange...but I love it and I went back and forth about what color it is, and decided it has a home here with me and my oranges. I absolutely adore this, pun intended. :)



Literary Lacquers Greatest Treasures

Literary Lacquers Greatest Treasures

What better way to end the list than with a holo? This is another polish that's a bit confusing with respect to color--it's sort of a red-orange-coral sort of color that defies classification. I don't care what you call the color, I'm just glad I own it. Complete holographic magic in a bottle. :)

There you have it! My list of awesome oranges. What do you think--are there any oranges out there that you think should be on my list?

Xoxox,
M.

4 comments:

  1. Erm... do you not like orange or did something go wrong with the post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Klean colors Metallic Mango and Metallic Orange. And Femme Fatale's Incendius is a great orange glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo!! I have metallic orange, but have only stamped with it, I haven't swatched it yet--I need to do that! I also need to find that Metallic Mango. I keep hearing great things about Femme Fatale's polishes, but haven't tried one yet--I need to get with the program!!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!