Saturday, June 29, 2013

Before & After: Arr, Matey, yer mani is a FAIL

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I did a Cheeky Twin Post with Dina of Secretary's Nail Art because the stars haven't really aligned well recently, but we're back on track, and today we're working with the ship image from Cheeky 49.

I have to warn you now that I am not pleased with what I put together. ::sad face::

I started out with a polish that I was/am pleased with...Zoya Meg, a pretty fleck-finish avocado green:

Zoya Meg, indirect sunlight

Zoya Meg, indirect light

I thought I'd do a bit of a skittle thing with it, so I stamped the cutlass image from the same plate on the index and pinkie, using Barielle Green Apple Chew. On the middle and ring finger, I put a coat of Sation Go-Glitter Girl, a beautiful glitter topcoat with teal shards, teeny green hexes and silver and white small hexes; I thought this would give a sort of an ocean-y feel. Then, I stamped the ship over the top of the glitter with Konad Black, to represent my pirate fleet cruising the ocean:


Just sit right back and we'll hear a tale...


A tale of a fateful trip...

Even putting aside the wound I sustained on the side of my finger, I am just underwhelmed by this. It's not horrible or anything, but it's not great. I think maybe it would have been better if I'd put the glitter on all the nails? I don't know...sigh.

Anyway, don't forget to check out Dina's mani over on her blog; I just saw it and it's way cute!! And we used similar colors, I think that's the first time that has happened, lol! :)

Big hugs,
M.

6 comments:

  1. Meg is such a gorgeous polish! I don't see anything wrong with this at all, I think the stamping is lovely and clear and I really like the glitter. It reminds me of The Little Mermaid or Moby Dick, I really like it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind. :) I guess it just didn't match up what I had in my head, you know. And the glitter is gorgeous!! I used the dab method though, it's not that concentrated if you just brush it on. But still worth the money. Do you get Sation where you are?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, you are always so awesome to me! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  3. i think it's beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!