Friday, June 28, 2013

Before & After: Strawberry Fields Forever

Hello!

Today I have a manicure I did for this week's theme in my Hobby Polish Blogger's group: Favorite Summer Fruit. I love all types of fruit, but I always look forward to the strawberry harvests in the spring and summer, so I decided to go with that. :)

I started with one of my favorite new polishes, Lucky 13 Strawberry Girl (how could I not?). Strawberry girl is a juicy red jelly with green glitter hexes that look like seeds and green shards that look like bits of leaves:


Lucky 13 Lacquer Strawberry Girl, direct overcast light




I personally think this polish looks like strawberries as is, with no nail art, but what fun would that be?? So I pulled out my acrylics and painted some leaves on the tops of my strawberries:






Now I want to have strawberry shortcake...please excuse me while I go nom nom nom...:)

Please check out the other favorite fruits, linked below. :)

Hugs and love,
M.



18 comments:

  1. Such a cute mani and it ties in perfectly with Wimbledon!
    I'm doing a strawberries and cream mani next week, this would have been perfect!
    Goos review, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of a dunce about tennis, how does it tie in with Wimbledon? I want to be able to pretend I meant to do that all along, lol...:) And thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Totally reminds me of a strawberry which means now I want one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design is so simple yet so amazing! The polish was perfect and then you added the leaves...wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinking cute!! I will have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can do a tutorial if you want, but it's pretty easy, I doubt you'd need one. :)

      Delete
  5. Great job, especially on the leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!