Thursday, July 11, 2013

Make your own equivalent to Zoya Remove+?

Hello!

Potential good news for everyone, especially those who can't get their hands on Zoya Remove+. In response to my post comparing Zoya to drugstore polish removers, I've had several people, the first of which was Aleksandra of InDecisive Nail Lacquer, point me to this post by Loodie Loodie Loodie about making your own version of Zoya Remove+ with acetone and glycerin. I will be buying the ingredients for this over the weekend, and will test it out, and report back. In the meantime, I wanted to let you know in case you want to try this option!

Watch this space for my results...:)

Hugs,
M.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can wait to hear more about this. *big eyes in excitement*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm extremely excited, too. Money I don't have to spend on remover can be spent on polish and plates!

      Delete
  3. I've recently done this and so far so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear...any tips on the exact proportions?

      Delete
  4. I use Loodie's recipe and love it! Just make sure not to put too much glycerin in your bottle or your faux Remove will be sticky. Looking forward to seeing your results! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeewwww...Okay, that's good to know. I'll start with less and work my way up...:)

      Delete
  5. Acetone? NOoooooooo! My nails are just now getting healthy - no acetone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh!!! I try to only use acetone for clean up but this intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposedly, it's the same formula as the Zoya, just without the color and scent. We shall see...:)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!