Friday, November 1, 2013

Before & After: Dia De Los Muertos

(The nail wraps in this post were provided for my honest review.)

Hey there!

After finishing with the trick-or-treating and taking down the decorations and stuff last night, it was LATE. And, I had to get up ridonculously early today. That left me with no time to do my nails, but I desperately have wanted to use that cool skeleton on Bunny Nails HD-C for a Dia De Los Muertos manicure.

And then I remembered my Incoco wraps; Incoco sent me two selections from their Fall collection, one of which is an khaki-green army sort of gray, just the color I wanted to use as a base; this is Military Cut:



Incoco Military Cut



I threw these on crazy fast, so I had a little wrinkle, but it smoothed out and was no big deal. Then I used it as a base for the manicure. First I did a super quick saran-wrap background with Wet n Wild Black Creme, and then stamped over that with HD-C and Nfu-Oh 61:


He's so awesome that if he were...


...a detective, he'd be Sherlock Bones...

...French, he'd be Napoleon Bone-apart

...a musician, he'd play the trom-Bone




The wraps were a life-saver today, they saved me at least half an hour. I'm definitely going to be keeping a set or two around for situations like this.

So what do you think of my skeleton guy? Totally cool? I sort of jacked up the hands on the thumb, but oh well. And next time I'd probably do him in white, but I like the holographic version too. :)

Hugs and love,
M.

(The nail wraps in this post were provided for my honest review.)

10 comments:

  1. ahahaha, this is awesome! :D I love that guy, lol.
    And that Incoco looks really cool (very similar to one of my latest buys (maybelline colorama 652)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I swear, I would have bought that plate just for that skeleton, lol. :) And, I wanna see your polish!!! Pictures!!!

      Delete
  2. Dang woman! I'm drooling so bad over those nails that I need a blankie size hankie to mop up. Some day, after shiz-loads of practice, I might be able to stamp my nails half as well as you do. Maybe. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you are crazy, seriously. You're an awesome stamper! Don't make me sic the kitteh on you!! :P

      Delete
    2. Not really, but thanks for saying it anyway. I just need to practice more & be less of a perfectionist. You know, the usual. LOL

      Delete
    3. Now, see, take your own advice you just gave me and apply it to yourself!!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Loved the result, using the strips as base was brilliant, and funny comments made me smile :D

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!