Saturday, January 10, 2015

Before & After: Ice Princess

Hello!!

Today's theme in the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 31 Day Challenge is to do nail art over a glitter base. This is something I struggle with--both because I hate covering up gorgeous glitter polishes, and because it can be difficult to find a pattern or set of patterns that work with the beauty of the glitter and also show up well.

But every once in a while, something comes out the way you hope it would.

I started out with Windestine's Peacekeeper, a shimmery, glimmery, frostily delicious milky-based polish with silver and purple glitters:


Windestine Peacekeeper
Windestine Peacekeeper
 
Windestine Peacekeeper
Windestine Peacekeeper

Windestine Peacekeeper
Windestine Peacekeeper


Then I stamped my heart out with Pueen 49, using Finger Paints It's An Original!. Finally, I added some diamond-shaped glitters to the design:







What do you think? I think this is a beautiful winter look, and I love the way the art plays off the polish and comes together. If I had it to do over again, I think I'd put the diamond glitters on each of the nails. I love it, it has a mosiac-y, kaleidoscope-y feel, and made me feel like a beautiful snow princess!

Hope you're having a great weekend!
M.




12 comments:

  1. The stamping looks awesome on top of that color. Kind of reminds me of a stain glass window too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!!! Like a really beautiful cathedral or something! :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the glitter that you started with and the stamp is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful glitter. I love the depth she got in it. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It so is. The perfect balance between the colors and the glitters in it. :)

      Delete
  4. Sp pretty! The diamond-shaped glitters really finish off the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wasn't sure at first if it was going to be too much, but loved how it came out. :)

      Delete
  5. Let it snow, let it snow! *sings*
    Love the nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the weather outside is frightful...but the fire is so delightful...

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!