Saturday, January 24, 2015

Before & After: The Time Traveler's Wife

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!!

Today's theme in the Crumpet Nail Tarts 31 Day Challenge is 'Decals'. These days I love making my own decals with stamped images, so that's what I did for today's manicure.


I started off with Zoya Sansa, a deep blackened plum with a galaxy of gold flecklets throughout:


Zoya Sansa
Zoya Sansa

Zoya Sansa
Zoya Sansa

Zoya Sansa


Then I stamped the heck out of it! My theme was 'The Time Traveler's Wife', one of my favorite books. I made a collage with Bundle Monster H14, 311, 404, and 415 and Mash 32, 54, and 69; as part of the collage process, I made two nail decals out of the pocket-watch image. One was successful and one maybe not so much...



The Time Traveler's Wife manicure
The Time Traveler's Wife manicure with what appears to be a white blob

The Time Traveler's Wife manicure
The Time Traveler's Wife manicure with what appears to be a white blob



...So I stamped over it again with Konad Red to make the clock image more visible. I set it off a little because I also felt it extended a little too far onto the nail:


The Time Traveler's Wife manicure somewhat improved
The Time Traveler's Wife manicure somewhat improved


The Time Traveler's Wife manicure somewhat improved
The Time Traveler's Wife manicure somewhat improved

I think this improved it a bit, but in retrospect I'd stamp it in brown or black, I think. Still, I love the manicure overall; the other three nails each came out beautifully, and could stand on their own as accent nails, I think. :)

Thanks for stopping by--please check out the other manicure in the challenge, linked below! :)
M.

11 comments:

  1. Sansa is really stunning! I love the time traveller stamping too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The time traveling theme is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sansa is gorgeous, but the stamping looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet to say! It's hard to do a good polish justice. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this is so lovely. Even without knowing the story (err, I saw a movie but only remember it vaguely; onto my to-read list it goes!), the theme is still interesting and your execution just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And the book is so much better than the movie... :)

      Delete
  5. I freakin loved the book, the movie, and I love the heck out of these nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Wasn't it a great book?? I'd be happy to write something half that awesome. *sigh*

      Delete
    2. It was beyond awesome it was. It had my heart racing, tears running down my cheek, I gasped a few times out of surprise. Heartbreaking ending.

      I am pretty sure you are well on your way to write something that amazing. I have faith in you, and I am looking forward to see the gem that is hiding inside you. It will happen one day, with all the work you are putting into your writing. :)

      Just look at your first nail art, and compare it to where you are now. You have gotten so far, it's the same with writing. :)
      Good luck!
      can't wait to read it

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!